- Course Details
Information, Advice or Guidance Certificate Level 2
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Information, Advice or Guidance Certificate Level 2|| || ||None||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
This qualification is designed to enable those working in an Information, Advice or Guidance setting to develop their skills in order to improve their performance. There is an emphasis on communication skills, essential in any IAG job role, and includes the different methods of interacting, including group sessions.
Important issues involved for organisations providing IAG include signposting and referral, legislation, policies and procedures and managing information. This qualification aims to help you to assess and evaluate your own performance working within an IAG setting.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
The units in the course include: developing interaction skills, IAG in practice, managing information, signposting and referral and IAG with groups.
How Will I Learn?
By reading information books then answering questions in workbooks or on line.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Alongside the learning materials you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you support, advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete. Successful completion of this course ensures that the learner has fully understood these important principles. This evidence can support some of the key training needs within the sector.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Further distance learning courses or potentially a role giving advice and guidance with in own knowledge base.
Full Time & Part Time