- Course Details
Plumbing Foundation Diploma Level 1 - Full Time
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Plumbing Foundation Diploma Level 1 (Year 1)||06/09/2021||01/07/2022||Stephenson Campus||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
The level 1 Plumbing Foundation requires the completion of centre based knowledge and practical assessments designed to provide individuals with the basic skills and understanding to allow a progression route to completion of the Level 2 Plumbing Foundation or an apprenticeship.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
You will need to attend an interview and undertake diagnostic testing to ensure your basic skills are at the appropriate level for this course. At interview you will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to work at level 1, through completion of the initial assessment, your GCSE grade/level profile and completion of a practical assessment.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
Understand fundamental scientific principles within building services engineering
Understand and carry out copper pipe fabrication work for domestic plumbing systems
Understand and carry out low carbon steel pipe fabrication work for domestic plumbing systems
Understand and carry out plastic pipe fabrication work for domestic plumbing systems
Understand the key features of domestic plumbing systems
Understand and demonstrate techniques for installing and securing plumbing pipework
You will also complete the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment which, upon full completion, will enable you to apply for a Construction Operative Card, this enables you to work on site. 16-18 year olds who have not yet achieved a grade 4 (C grade) in English and Mathematics will also be required to continue with their studies in these areas. 16 - 18 year olds are also required to take part in our work experience programme, this enables learners to gain experience in the industry through our many exciting, contextualised opportunities.
How Will I Learn?
You will learn through practical delivery in our state of the art plumbing workshop, theory delivery in our classrooms, open learning environments and by partaking in community projects.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Progressive assessments of all course elements are carried out on an individual basis. All assessments contribute towards course units, which will build for certification. Assessment includes an external test.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
The course will provide you with the necessary skills, training and knowledge to progress to an Apprenticeship or level 2.
Full Time & Part Time