- Course Details
Uniformed Services - Diploma Level 3 (90 Credit) - Full Time
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Uniform Services Diploma Level 3 (90 Credit)||31/08/2021||01/07/2022||Brooksby Campus||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
The Level 3 Uniformed Public Services Diploma is ideal if you are wanting a career in the Police, Fire, Ambulance or Prison Services. Additionally, it is ideal for students wanting a career in the Armed Forces, HM Customs and Excise or any Government organisation. Progression to Higher Education is an option following successful completion of this course.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
Attendance at an interview and initial assessment. You should achieve 5 GCSEs at grade C or above to include Maths and English.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
You will cover a variety of subjects including: Leadership and Team Work, Citizenship and Diversity, Government Policies, Understanding Discipline, Behaviour in the Public Sector, Police Powers, outdoor and adventurous expeditions. English and Maths Functional Skills are a mandatory part of the course.
Commitment to take part in the National Citizenship Award.
How Will I Learn?
You will develop many skills and practical experience to prepare you for a career in the public services including: working with people, volunteering, communication, team work, leadership, planning, researching and evaluating information.
How Will I Be Assessed?
You will be assessed using a variety of different methods including: preparing written reports, preparing and delivering power point presentations, preparing and designing leaflets and academic posters. You will also be assessed using practical activities and simulations that replicate job situations within the public services.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
You could progress to a career within the public services or you may wish to complete a Level 3 Top-up course to enable you to then move on to Higher Education.
Full Time & Part Time