- Course Details
Business Diploma Level 3 (90 Credit) - Full Time
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Business National Foundation Diploma Level 3 (90 Credits)||06/09/2021||01/07/2022||Stephenson Campus||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
If you have aspirations of being your own boss, managing a department, managing a whole business, then this is the course for you. This BTEC National Diploma teaches you a wide variety of business skills and prepares you for entry to higher education or a variety of business roles such as marketing, human resources or management.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
Ideally, you will have 4 GCSEs grades A*-C, including at least Maths or English, or a First Diploma in Business at merit level or above. Applicants will be considered with alternative First Diplomas.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
You will study 9 units over 1 year, including: the business environment, marketing, accounting, business communication and business resources.
How Will I Learn?
You will learn through a variety of methods including discussions, lectures, IT work, research, visits, guest speakers, practical role plays and presentations.
How Will I Be Assessed?
You will be assessed through the completion of assignments. There are no exams.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Following the one year course, you could move onto the second year of the Business Extended Diploma Level 3. You may also consider seeking employment or a business apprenticeship. Advice will be given as part of the course.
Full Time & Part Time