- Course Details
Apprenticeship Beauty Therapy - Beauty Therapy General - Level 2
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Apprenticeship Beauty Therapy - Beauty Therapy General - Level 2|| || ||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
Beauty therapy is an exciting industry and is for anyone who is serious about a career in beauty therapy. Our highly qualified experienced staff will guide you through a range of subjects that will enable you to develop the essential skills required by this ever growing industry. These include make-up, lashes, facials, manicure, pedicure, eyebrow enhancement, lash tinting and waxing. You will need to work towards maths and English, if you do not already hold a Function Skills Level 2 or a GCSE at grade C or 4 or above.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
You must be 16 years or over. You will need to have an English and maths test to ensure you are at a suitable level for the course and a reference
How Long Is The Course?
September to July - one year
What Will I Learn?
G20 - Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
G18 - Promote additional services or products to clients
G8 - Develop and maintain your effectiveness
B4 - Provide facial skin care treatment
B5 - Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
B6 - Carry out waxing services
N2 - Provide manicure services
N3 - Provide pedicure services
B8 - Provide make-up services
G4 - Fulfil salon reception duties
How Will I Learn?
This course will be taught using a range of approaches. These will include practical work both within the workplace and at college, directed learning, independent study and reviews between you and your employer. Student-centred learning will be applicable to this course and candidates will be required to use independent learning materials. Enrichment will enable students to experience first- hand the demands of the beauty industry. Past visits include The Beauty Show, The Clothes Show, beauty wholesalers, wedding exhibitions, spa experiences, Buxton campus plus more. Excellent links with guest speakers give you the opportunity to plan progression routes. Speakers include Steiner, Look Good Feel Better, Ragdale Hall, Champneys and many more. These are subject to change.
How Will I Be Assessed?
You will complete practical assessments, either in the workplace or at college, assignments and online multiple choice tests.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Progression on to Level 3 Beauty or an Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy.