- Course Details
Advanced Apprenticeship Beauty Therapy - Beauty Therapy Massage - Level 3
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Advanced Apprenticeship Beauty Therapy - Beauty Therapy Massage - Level 3|| || ||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
Beauty Therapy is a skilled profession that can provide a satisfying and rewarding career. The Advanced Apprenticeship is aimed at Beauty Therapists and covers a high level of skills and knowledge. Apprentices will be expected to work as part of a team in the workplace. You will receive additional training by our friendly experienced lecturers who will develop your skills in body massage, a range of corrective facials, stone therapy, Indian head massage and aromatherapy using pre-blended oils. You will expand your knowledge of the human body studying each individual body system.
You will need to work towards Functional Skills at level 2 if you do not already hold a GCSE at grade C or above.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
You must be 16 years or over, living in England and not in full time education. You will need to have an English and maths test to ensure you are at a suitable level and a level 2 or equivalent in Beauty Therapy.
How Long Is The Course?
September to July.
What Will I Learn?
G22 - Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
H32 - Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
B20 - Provide body massage treatments
B23 - Provide Indian head massage
B24 - Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
B28 - Provide stone therapy treatment
B14 - Provide facial electrical treatments
How Will I Learn?
This course will be taught using a mixture of approaches. These will include practical work both within the workplace and at college, directed learning, independent study and reviews between you and your employer. Student-centred learning will be applicable to this course and candidates will be required to use independent learning materials. Enrichment will enable students to experience first- hand the demands of the beauty industry. Past visits include The Beauty Show, The Clothes Show, beauty wholesalers, wedding exhibitions, spa experiences, Buxton campus plus more. Excellent links with guest speakers give you the opportunity to plan progression routes. Speakers include Steiner, Look Good Feel Better, Ragdale Hall, Champneys and many more. These are subject to change.
How Will I Be Assessed?
All units are assessed throughout the course. Practical work is assessed through performance and oral questions. Theoretical knowledge covered by written questions and online tests. A portfolio including records of work, treatment plans, case studies and projects is also required.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
University, NVQ 4 management courses, teacher training, employment in health spas, cruise liners, full time or self-employment.