- Course Details
Beauty Therapy VRQ Diploma Level 2 - Full Time
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Beauty Therapy VRQ Diploma Level 2||07/09/2020||02/07/2021||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
The VRQ in Beauty Therapy Level 2 aims to provide you with a range of essential technical and practical skills and knowledge, which will equip you to seek employment or further training within the beauty industry. The course covers the ever expanding range of treatments in the industry including make - up, lashes, facials, manicure, pedicure, eyebrow enhancement and waxing.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
You will need 4 GCSEs . Two of these must be at grades A*-D or 9-3. One of which is to be within English and to provide a reference within the interview
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
You will learn about a range beauty treatments including skincare, make-up, manicure, pedicure, eyelash and eyebrow treatments and waxing. The course also covers underpinning theory such as anatomy and physiology and lifestyle factors that can impact on the skin.
Practical skills are developed on fellow students. Once a level of competence is reached, you will then work on clients in one of our well-equipped beauty salons. During the course you will be given the opportunity to attend master class workshops and employer involvement activities. These can include visits, make-up demonstrations, beauty exhibitions, competitions and lectures from industry experts.
Work experience is an important part of the course giving you an opportunity to develop employability skills and build your confidence in carrying out a range of treatments. Employability skills are embedded within your programme.
As part of your programme you will get the chance to develop your English and maths skills and depending on your previous results take qualifications in these subjects.
How Will I Learn?
Vocational and professional qualifications are taught through college based theory and practical lessons with further learning and understanding developed via directed self-study. You will have the opportunity to work in a supervised commercial environment
How Will I Be Assessed?
Assessment consists of internally set coursework and assignments, practical, controlled assessments and on-line exams.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Students can progress onto the level 3 course or move into full-time employment performing a range of beauty treatments.
Students can gain employment in a variety of beauty therapy settings. These include beauty salons, cosmetic companies, spas, hotels or health clubs. Students progressing onto the level 3 course can enhance their skills to gain positions such as salon supervisors, freelance, managers or to work overseas and or on the cruise liners.
Full Time & Part Time