- Course Details
Hairdressing Services Diploma Level 3 - Evenings
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Hair Services Diploma Level 3||07/09/2020||25/06/2021||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
Hairdressing Services Diploma Level 3 is for anyone who is serious about continuing their career in this exciting industry. This course will help increase your basic existing knowledge and skills and develop them to a higher standard.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
You will need to have achieved the Hairdressing either a VRQ Level 2 or NVQ Level 2 qualification. Selection will be by interview, initial assessment and passport to progression for existing students. Personal qualities such as self-motivation, a genuine interest and commitment to study are essential.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
You will complete nine units which are:-
302 - Monitor & Maintain Health and Safety in the Salon
303 - Consultation Support for Colleagues on Hair Services
304 - Cut Women's Hair to Create a Variety of Looks
305 - Style and Dress Hair using a Variety of Techniques
306 - Colour Hair to Create a Variety of Looks
307 - Human Resources Management
308 - Perm Hair to Create a Variety of Looks
311 - Bridal Hair
316 - Create Hairdressing Design Skills
These are the different units which are required by City & Guilds to be successfully achieved to standards to gain this full qualification.
How Will I Learn?
You will learn in a salon environment, using industry standard equipment and high quality products. Access is available to the latest online learning materials, delivered using Smartboards and plasma screen TVs. The course will be taught using a variety of approaches including practical work, direct learning on computers, guest speakers, independent study, English and Maths and one-to-one tutorials.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Practical skills will be assessed throughout the course. Knowledge will be assessed through assignments or online tests at the end of each unit.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Completion of the VRQ Level Diploma 3 can lead you to a number of career choices and further training onto NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship, Senior Stylist , Colour Technician, working on a cruise liner, freelance hairdressing, theatre work, NVQ/VRQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy and Barbering.
Part Time - Daytime/ Evening
Full Time & Part Time