- Course Details
Hairdressing VRQ Diploma Level 2 - Evenings
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
Want to launch your career as a hairdresser that is in demand? Whether you need to learn haircutting basics or gain specialist skills to move up the ladder, this qualification is for you. This can cover everything from shampooing and conditioning to styling and dressing, cutting colouring and creative perming.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
Selection will be made on the basis of an interview. Personal qualities such as self-motivation, a genuine interest and commitment to study are essential. As well as a good level of personal presentation, excellent punctuality and attendance.
How Long Is The Course?
(Part time is two evenings a week)
What Will I Learn?
Working in the hair industry, health & safety, client consultation, shampoo and conditioning, promote products and services, dressing hair, create an image based on a theme, colouring hair, cutting and perming.
201 Working in the hair industry
202 Health and Safety
204 Shampoo and condition
205 promoting products and services
209 styling and dressing
212 Total image
How Will I Learn?
You will learn in a realistic working environment, using industry standard equipment and high quality products. Access to the latest online learning materials will be available, delivered using smartboards and plasma screen TVs. The course will be taught using a variety of approaches; these include practical work, directed learning on computers, independent study and tutorials.
To improve learning further we encourage participation in competitions internally and externally through out the year.
How Will I Be Assessed?
You will complete practical assessments, assignments and online tests paced through out the year.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Following completion of this course, you can progress onto a level 3 VRQ in Hairdressing. This qualification can open doors to a wide variety of roles including Salon Assistant Stylist. Develop your progression onto higher level courses or employment.
Part Time - Daytime/ Evening
Full Time & Part Time