- Course Details
ILM Leadership and Team Skills Certificate Level 2 - Evenings
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|ILM Leadership and Team Skills Certificate Level 2||18/01/2021||26/04/2021||Stephenson Campus||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
This nationally accredited qualification is designed to provide individuals with the information they need to successfully work in a team leading role. The programme covers many issues such as: Improving Performance within a Working Team, Diversity within the Workplace, Understanding Change within the Workplace and Developing Yourself as a Team Leader. The course will equip you with core skills to lead a team successfully, motivation techniques to get the best from people, confidence in tackling difficult issues such as under-performance and tools to develop yourself as an effective leader.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
This qualification is ideal for practising team leaders, helping them to become more effective and confident in their role.
This qualification also supports new or aspiring team leaders – helping them to make the transition from working in a team to leading a team.
How Long Is The Course?
Delivery will be classroom based for 3 hours per week over a period of twelve weeks (this includes induction).
What Will I Learn?
Upon enrolment, you will receive an induction on the course content, process and procedures and given formal introduction to ILM. The following units will be completed to achieve the certificate: Managing yourself, Developing yourself as a team leader, Workplace communication , Improving performance of the work team, Planning and monitoring work, Developing the work team, Meeting customer needs, Understanding change in the workplace, Diversity in the workplace, Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment.
How Will I Learn?
How Will I Be Assessed?
All units are assessed via coursework which will be small assignments to assess your knowledge. In order for the Certificate to be achieved, you must pass all units.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
These qualifications will provide progression opportunities to a range of qualifications such as ILM Level 3 Award, Certificate or Diploma in Leadership and Management.
Part Time - Evening
Full Time & Part Time