- Course Details
Leadership And Management Diploma Level 3 - Daytime & Evenings
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|ILM Leadership and Management Diploma Level 3 (Daytime)||13/04/2021||05/04/2022||Stephenson Campus||
|ILM Leadership and Management Diploma Level 3 (Evening)||12/04/2021||04/04/2022||Stephenson Campus||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
The units in this qualification cover a range of knowledge skills and behaviours including: Leadership, Conflict management, The organisation and its context, Mental health in the workplace, How to establish and effective team, Making presentations, Solving problems and making decisions, Training, coaching and mentoring, Performance management, Sustainability and environmental issues, Developing relationships in the workplace.
The course will equip you with core skills to lead and manage a team successfully, motivation techniques to get the best from people, confidence in tackling difficult issues such as under-performance and tools to develop yourself as an effective manager.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
The Level 3 Diploma in Leadership & Management is ideal for individuals who have management responsibilities but no formal training and are serious about developing their abilities. They particularly support practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
How Long Is The Course?
The Diploma is over 33 weeks (term time only).
What Will I Learn?
Upon enrolment, you will receive an induction on the course content, process and procedures and given formal introduction to ILM. The following units will be completed to achieve the Diploma
Developing yourself as a team leader
Upon enrolment, you will receive an induction on the course content, process and procedures and given formal introduction to ILM. The following units will be completed to achieve the Diploma:
Developing yourself as a team leader
Diversity in the workplace
Meeting customer needs
Planning and monitoring work
Improving performance of the work team
Developing the work team
Understanding change in the workplace
Maintaining a healthy and safe working environment
Understanding the organisation and its context
Understanding mental health in the workplace
Understanding conflict in the workplace
Understand how to establish an effective team
Giving briefings and making presentations
Solving problems and making decisions
Understanding training and coaching in the workplace
Understanding good practice in workplace mentoring
Understanding performance management
Understanding sustainability and environmental issues in an organisation
Understanding and developing relationships in the workplace
How Will I Learn?
How Will I Be Assessed?
All units are assessed via coursework which will be small assignments to assess your knowledge. In order for the Diploma to be achieved, you must pass all 22 units.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
This qualifications will provide progression opportunities to a range of qualifications such as:
• ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership & Management
• ILM Level 4 Certificate in Leadership & Management
• ILM Level 4 Diploma in Leadership & Management
Part Time - Daytime/ Evening
Full Time & Part Time