Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 2 - Part Time 

EY2FE003 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 207/09/202025/06/2021 DaytimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

This Qualification is designed for individuals who would like to work with children in day nurseries, schools or playgroups. The qualification will prepare you for understanding the skills needed to care for and educate children between 0 -7 years. The learning experience will be reflective of the current structure and expectations of the childcare sector, and you will have the opportunity to put theory into practice by carrying out relevant activities in a variety of placements with childcare providers. You will also gain the qualification required for progression to the Level 3 Early Years Educator (Technical Diploma)

Candidates need to be sufficiently literate and numerate to support the work of the setting and to also compile a portfolio of evidence. You need to be working for a minimum of 10 hours in an early years setting, in either a paid or voluntary capacity.

One Year

You will cover: Communication and Supporting Relationships, Equality and Inclusion, Safeguarding, Child Development, Promoting Positive Behaviour, Health and Safety, Partnership Working, Personal Development and optional units of your choice to achieve a minimum of four additional credits.

The underpinning knowledge is delivered in a weekly classroom/workshop session. Candidates are encouraged to develop their knowledge and skills to enable them to work independently. Candidates will also be required to carry out tasks in placement to include observations and assessments, planning and implementing activities.

Assessment will be two-fold and include the marking of your portfolio, professional discussion and also observation of your practice in the workplace.

Progression routes may lead to the level 3 qualification, although in order to access this you will need to have achieved a GCSE in Maths and English.

Work Based

Workplace Learning

EY