- Course Details
CIPD Diploma In Human Resources Practice - Evenings
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|CIPD Diploma in Human Resources Practice Level 3||08/09/2020||29/06/2021||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
Coalville Campus - Evenings only
The Foundation Diploma in Human Resources Practice is a comprehensive course covering the key areas you are likely to be involved in when working in HR. Subjects studied include Recruitment, Managing Performance, Handling Change and Managing the Employment Relationship from Induction to Exit. Successful completion will give you a professional qualification awarded by CIPD that is valued by employers. It is aimed at people already working in Human Resources or those who would like to make the move into that role. You do not need any qualifications to join the course but you do need to be comfortable with writing short reports and there is plenty of support to help you if this is something you have not done before. There are no exams - all assessments are a mix of written work, role play, presentations and practical activities such as interviews.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
No previous qualifications are necessary but you will be expected to have some experience or experience in an administrative role where you have had to deal with people.
What Will I Learn?
Developing Yourself as an Effective HR Practitioner, the Role of HR in Organisations, Recording and Analysis of HR Data, Managing the Employment Relationship, Managing Performance and Reward, Resourcing Talent in Organisations, Delivering Learning and Develoment Activities, Supporting Organisations Through Change.
How Will I Learn?
You will learn through a variety of taught sessions, workshops, case studies and discussions. You learn as much from other people in the class as you do from the text books - you might be very surprised at how much you already know.
How Will I Be Assessed?
There is a good mix of assessment methods - you may be asked to give a presentation, participate in interview scenarios, write a short report or design an information leaflet. There are no exams and lots of support to help you throughout.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
The Foundation Diploma is a full Level 3 professional qualification that is highly regarded by business. If you already have the Foundation Certificate in HR Practice, it may be possible for you to "top up" to Foundation Diploma by studying additional units. Contact the College and ask for further information. If you would like to progress to a management role in HR and have considerable HR experience already, there are other options at Level 5 and Level 7 available that you may like to look into via the CIPD website.
Part Time - Evening
Full Time & Part Time