- Course Details
AAT Advance Diploma in Accounting Level 3 - Evenings
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|AAT Diploma in Accounting Level 3||01/09/2020||25/06/2021||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
The course is designed for students who have prior knowledge of accounting, as a natural progression from Level 2 or from knowledge gained in the workplace.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
No formal entry requirements. The programme leader will give all students individual advice. Please check with AAT for current annual joining fees and membership fees (www.AAT.co.uk).
How Long Is The Course?
One day per week for 37 weeks.
What Will I Learn?
The skills this course will develop include administrative and management processes relevant to finance officer roles, including preparing final accounts for small businesses, cost accounting recording, preparing reports and returns. Units include: Accounts Preparation, Costs and Revenues, Indirect Tax, Cash Management, Professional Ethics in Accounting, Spreadsheets.
How Will I Learn?
A variety of teaching methods are used including formal teaching, guided/individual work and workshops.
How Will I Be Assessed?
All assessment for the revised qualification will be computer based assessments (CBAs). CBAs directly reflect the practical workplace tasks that you currently perform, or will perform in your career.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Natural progression to Level 4 to attain full membership of AAT. Members of AAT may go on to study for membership of the senior accounting bodies such as CIMA, Certified Accountants.
Part Time - Daytime/ Evening
Full Time & Part Time