- Course Details
Sport Extended Diploma Level 3 - Full Time
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Sport Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)||07/09/2020||24/06/2022||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
This qualification forms the second year of the Sport Diploma Level 3 course. You will study a further 9 units including: a work experience element, Exercise, Health & Lifestyle, Organising Events, Rules, Regulations & Scoring Systems in Sport.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
Learners should have completed the 90 credit Diploma Sport or have four GSCE grades at 4 or above
How Long Is The Course?
1 year (full time).
What Will I Learn?
A variety of topics are covered including Physiology & Anatomy, Psychology, Assessing Risk in Sport, Sports Development, Sports Coaching, Practical Team Sports and Practical Individual Sports. You will also be given the opportunity to attend an overseas sporting residential and an overseas annual ski trip and various outdoor activities including white water rafting, cycling and canoeing. For students aged between 16 to 18 who do not have English and /or Maths Grade 9-4, you will also be required to study these or Functional Skills English and Maths as required.
How Will I Learn?
A variety of learning approaches will be used and include: work-based activities, role-play and simulations, independent learning opportunities, knowledge-based sessions and a work placement.
How Will I Be Assessed?
The programme is continually assessed on the basis of assignments and practical activities.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
After completing this course, you will have a full BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport and be eligible to apply for university or to gain employment within the sports industry.
Full Time & Part Time