- Course Details
Plumbing and Heating Diploma Level 2 - Full Time
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Plumbing and Heating Diploma Level 2 (Year 2)||07/09/2020||02/07/2021||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
The level 2 Plumbing Foundation requires the completion of centre based knowledge and practical assessments designed to provide individuals with the basic skills and understanding to allow a progression route to completion of the apprenticeship in Plumbing and Heating, Domestic Heating or L3 Plumbing Foundation qualification.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
To complete the course you will need to undertake an interview. During the interview you will need to demonstrate the ability to work at level 2 through completion of the construction faculty level 2 aptitude test. At interview you will also be required to demonstrate the practical dexterity and skills to work at level 2, this will be done through a suitable practical diagnostic.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
Understand and carry out safe working practices in Building Services Engineering
Understand how to communicate with others within Building Services Engineering
Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
Understand how to apply scientific principles within MES
Understand and carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
Understand and apply domestic cold water system installation and maintenance techniques
Understand and apply domestic hot water system installation and maintenance techniques
Understand and apply domestic central heating system installation and maintenance techniques
Understand and apply domestic rainwater system installation and maintenance techniques
Understand and apply domestic above ground drainage system installation and maintenance techniques
You will also complete the Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment, upon full completion this enables you to apply for a construction operative card, enabling you to work on site. If you are 16-18 you will also be required to complete further Maths and English until you reach level 4 (C Grade). 16-18 years olds are also required to complete a work placement and the college has many exciting opportunities for this which are related to the vocational subjects studied by our learners.
How Will I Learn?
You will learn through practical delivery in our state of the art plumbing workshop, theory delivery in our classrooms and open learning environments and by partaking in community projects.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Progressive assessments of all course elements are carried out on an individual basis. All assessments contribute towards course units, which will build for certification. Assessment includes an external test.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
The course will provide you with the necessary skills, training and knowledge to progress to an Apprenticeship or employment in the plumbing industry.
Full Time & Part Time