- Course Details
Uniform Services Diploma Level 2 - Full Time
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Uniform Services Diploma Level 2||07/09/2020||02/07/2021||Stephenson College - Coalville||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
The BTEC Level 2 First Diploma is a one year course comprising core and specialist units covering aspects of knowledge, understanding and competency necessary for employment in the Public Services. The BTEC First is suitable for students who are capable of achieving A* - C Grade GCSEs but wish to focus on a work-related vocational qualification or work area.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
Four GCSEs at Grade D or above (including English). A keen interest in joining a Uniformed Service. Commitment and full attendance, in uniform. Commitment to contribute to costs of uniform and trips. Full participation in all activities and residential trips. Motivation and determination to succeed.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
Public service skills. Exploring careers in the Uniformed Public Services. Improving health and fitness for entry to the Uniformed Public Services. Expedition skills in Public Services. Land navigation by map and compass. Adventurous activities and teamwork for the Public Services.
Commitment to take part in the National Citizenship Award.
How Will I Learn?
You will develop skills and practical experience, working with others, communication, planning, researching and evaluating information. You will experience working with the Uniformed Services.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Units are continuously assessed by written report, presentations and practical tests and are graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. Two units are assessed via external exams.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Successful completion can lead onto our BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Services and into careers in the Police, Fire Service, Army, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Prison Service, RAF, etc.
Full Time & Part Time