Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Diploma Level 2 - Full Time  

MV2FE001 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Level 2 Diploma07/09/202025/06/2021Monday - FridayFull-TimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

A course for people who would like a career in the retail motor repair industry.

You will usually already hold a Level 1 qualification in Light Motor Vehicle Engineering and have GCSE grades equivalent to C's and D's in Maths and English. However, entry is by interview with course experts and they will make a judgement based on your previous experience, school qualifications, knowledge and enthusiasm. Direct entry without a Level 1 qualification is possible if you have the right attitude and experience.

One Year

You will study 3 mandatory units (Health & Safety, Job Roles and Tools & Equipment) and 5 optional units ( Brakes, Suspension, Vehicle Maintenance, Batteries & Charging, Wheels & Tyres). You will also study employability skills and 3 Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT) at a level appropriate to you.

You will be taught in a formal classroom setting for some of the theory and have demonstrations and practice in our well equipped workshops. There will be some self study.

Observation of you carrying out set practical tasks and completing supporting paperwork. There are some set formal exams too.

Successful completers could move on to a Level 3 qualification, seek employment or an apprenticeship in the retail repair industry.

Full Time

MV