Advanced Apprenticeship Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Heavy Vehicle - Level 3 

MV3AA003 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Advanced Apprenticeship Vehicle Maintenance and Repair - Heavy Vehicle - Level 3   DaytimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

This is an extension from the Level 2 course, which includes diagnosing and rectifying faults on heavy vehicles. It consists of a VCQ completed from your workplace evidence and a VRQ completed on day release at college.

You need to have successfully completed a Level 2 Apprenticeship and be able to pass English and maths diagnostic assessments at 70% to gain access to the course.

The VRQ is scheduled for 12 months with additional time allowed for VCQ completion.

You will learn testing and diagnostic procedures for heavy vehicle systems including engine, transmission, chassis and electrical components.

You will complete your VRQ in College on day release and your VCQ from your workplace job card evidence.

You will be assessed completing practical tasks in the College and observed in your normal workplace completing diagnostic and rectification of faults in all vehicle areas. Your Assessor/Trainer will help you identify suitable work evidence to collect, observe your performance, give guidance when writing personal statements, carry out professional discussions and give you feedback on how you have met the learning outcomes and evidence requirements. At each visit, the Assessor/Trainer will agree and record an action plan with you and provide you with written feedback.

This could lead to an HNC in Motor Vehicle Technology.

Work Based

Apprenticeships

MV