Advanced Apprenticeship Children and Young People's Workforce - Early Years Educator - Level 3 

EY3AA002 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Advanced Apprenticeship Children and Young People's Workforce - Early Years Educator - Level 3   Part-TimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

Apprenticeships are training programmes for learners aged 16 plus who have left education or are already in employment. Apprentices will attend college one day each week or may receive training in the workplace as well as attending maths, English and/or ICT in college as necessary, to achieve the framework. Initial assessment and diagnostic testing is carried out prior to enrolment. Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn are essential.

A good standard of education and a genuine commitment to work with children. Maths and English GCSEs are desirable for the academic year 2014/15 and a requirement from September 2015 onwards.

An Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Years will take up to 22 months to complete.

The apprenticeship framework includes: Employer Rights and Responsibilities, GCSE Maths, English and ICT at Level 2, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills, the Diploma for the Early Years Workforce, Early Years Educator.

The underpinning knowledge is delivered using a range of methods, including tutorials, group work, case studies and projects. Practice in the workplace is also an integral part of the course and your Assessor will arrange visits to your workplace to observe you carrying out specific activities.

Observation in the workplace. Completion of portfolio. Tasks such as case studies, designing leaflets, written questions. External testing for Functional Skills.

Higher Education, e.g. Children and Young People's Services Foundation Degree. In order to validate your Level 3 qualification and be awarded a licence to practice, you must also attain GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.

Work Based

Apprenticeships

EY