- Course Details
Understanding Autism Certificate Level 2
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
This qualification aims to:
Develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of
supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred
approach and influence of positive communication methods,
how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with
autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
The objective of this qualification is to help learners to:
Progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a
number of job roles where an understanding of autism and
knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
Unit 01 Introduction to autism
Unit 02 Using a person-centred approach to support individuals
Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with
Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in
individuals with autism
Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
Unit 06 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and
How Will I Learn?
By reading the information booklets and answering questions.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Your tutor will assess your work and provide you with feedback. There are no exams to this course.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
NCFE Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce
(Early Years Educator)
NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social
NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for
Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People with
Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
? Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
Full Time & Part Time