Children And Young Peoples Workforce Certificate Level 2 

EY2FT003 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Early Years Practitioner Diploma Level 202/09/2019  DaytimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

The Level 2 Certificate is a part-time course for candidates working in an Early Years setting. In order to gain the qualification, you will need to achieve all mandatory units and a minimum of four credits from the optional units which you will choose to reflect your practice.

Candidates need to be sufficiently literate and numerate to support the work of the setting and to also compile a portfolio of evidence. You need to be working for a minimum of 10 hours in an early years setting, in either a paid or voluntary capacity.

One Year

You will cover: Communication and Supporting Relationships, Equality and Inclusion, Safeguarding, Child Development, Promoting Positive Behaviour, Health and Safety, Partnership Working, Personal Development and optional units of your choice to achieve a minimum of four additional credits.

The underpinning knowledge is delivered in a weekly classroom/workshop session. Candidates are encouraged to develop their knowledge and skills to enable them to work independently. Candidates will also be required to carry out tasks in placement to include observations and assessments, planning and implementing activities.

Assessment will be two-fold and include the marking of your portfolio, professional discussion and also observation of your practice in the workplace.

Progression routes may lead to the level 3 qualification, although in order to access this you will need to have achieved a GCSE in Maths and English.

Work Based

Workplace Learning

EY