Construction and the Built Environment Diploma Level 3 - Full Time 

CN3FE001 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Construction and the Built Environment Extended Diploma Level 3 (Year 1)02/09/201902/07/2021Monday - FridayFull-TimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

The level 3 construction and the built environment course will provide you with a thorough understanding of the construction sector. The course covers professions ranging from construction management, building services, quantity surveying and civil engineering. There is a good mix of practical activities and academic research elements within the course to ensure you get an opportunity to experience the wide range of careers within the sector as a professional. The course enables progression to a career in professional construction and ultimately a BSc (Hons) degree here at Stephenson College.

Although experience within the professional construction sector will be an advantage, no previous experience is required. The range of careers in this sector is very varied and people from all kinds of backgrounds are welcome to apply. You will need GCSE grade 4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English

2 years

You will learn how to become a construction professional. Roles available to people within this sector include, but are not limited to; estimators, planners, managers, designers, land surveyors, architects, civil engineers and quantity surveyors.

You will learn through a range of formal lectures, practical sessions, academic tutorials, presentations and site visits.

The ranges of assessment methods are varied. They include but are not limited to; written assignments, case studies, presentations, practical observations and academic poster.

This course leads to a career as a professional within the construction industry. It will lead to TechENG status and ultimately chartered status with institutions such as CIOB, ICE and RICCs.

Full Time

CN