Engineering Technologies Extended Diploma Level 3 - Full Time 

EN3FE002 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

The Diploma focuses on performance using practical skills, knowledge and understanding and is an ideal pathway to a range of careers within engineering.

4 GCSEs at Grade A-C (including Maths and Science) or an Intermediate Certificate in Engineering and Technology. Mature students (over 21) with relevant work experience need no formal entry requirements. However, all students will have to attend an interview and take an initial assessment.

One Year

Dependent on your GCSE results, you will be required to complete either Functional Skills or GCSEs alongside your qualification. There will also be a create studies qualification based around employability skills. Mandatory units: Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace, Mechanical Principles and Applications, Electrical and Electronic Principles, Mathematics for Engineering Technicians. Then five from the following units dependent upon pathway: Engineering Design, Commercial Aspects of Engineering Organisations, Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials, Applications of Mechanical Systems in Engineering, Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems and Devices, Selection and Using Programmable Controllers, Electrical Installation.

Each unit is delivered as a mixture of classroom-based theory combined with practical workshop or laboratory sessions.

Each unit is assessed by a formal portfolio of written reports and documented practical work. There are no external exams for this course.

The course is designed as a pathway into employment within the engineering sector or onto Higher Education, e.g. HNC/HND or Foundation Degree in High Performance Engineering.

Full Time

EN