ICT Extended Diploma Level 3 - Year 1 - Full Time 

IT3FE002 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

The BTEC Extended Diploma for IT Level 3 is suitable for students aged 16 upwards. it is designed to equip you with the knowledge, understanding and practical skills required for success in employment in the ICT and computing industries or for entry to a Higher National or Undergraduate Degree programme in Computing.

Minimum of five GCSEs at Grade C or above (one being English Language) or a Level 2 First Diploma in IT. For internally progressing students, a course tutor reference will be taken into consideration.

Two Years

A range of units including: Communication and Employability Skills for IT, Computer Systems, Information Systems, Software Design and Development, Database Design, Event Driven Programming, Maintain Computer Systems, IT Troubleshooting, Installing Software, IT Project, Organisational System Security, Object Oriented Development, Games Programming, Website Production and Management, Human Computer Interaction, Control Systems Using IT, E-Commerce, Digital Graphics and Computer Networking.

A variety of methods including hands-on practical work, lectures, discussions, off-site visits, IT resources and some independent study.

Assessment will be through completion of practical activities, e.g. building of websites, building computer systems, coding own programs, building of advanced database systems and also through written work and observations. There are no exams.

BTEC Level 3 Nationals are designed as specialist, vocationally-related qualifications for those who have a clear view of their future career or want to progress to Higher Education. They are an alternative to A-levels. The full 2 year qualification is accepted as an entry requirement for universities and highly valued by employers.

Full Time

IT