Animal Care Diploma Level 2 - Full Time 

AN2FE001 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Animal Care Diploma Level 202/09/201926/06/2020Monday - FridayFull-TimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

This course aims to provide an understanding of the practical and theoretical elements of animal health, welfare and care. Students will work with a range of species in order to gain and develop experience of working with different animals in various settings. The college uses an off-site centre to provide industry-relevant experience in working with small animals.

You will need 4 GCSEs . Two of these must be at grades A*-D or 9-3.

One Year

You will study animal health and welfare, feeding and accommodation, animal biology, observation of animal behaviours and develop your handling techniques. The course extends knowledge and skills taught at level one. You will get the chance to complete work experience in different animal care settings. As part of your programme you will develop your English and maths skills and depending on your previous results take qualifications in these subjects.

Vocational and professional qualifications are taught through college based theory and practical lessons with further learning and understanding developed via directed self-study.

Assessment consists of internally set assignments as well as externally set tests and controlled assessments.

Students generally progress to level 3 or directly into employment. Typical areas of employment include working in animal rescue centres, kennels, catteries, pet shops and wildlife parks. Progression onto vet nursing qualifications is also possible.

Full Time

AN