Sport Diploma Level 2 - Full Time 

SP2FE001 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

This qualification is designed for anyone wanting to work in sport and leisure centres or other recreational facilities and offers an invaluable look at the opportunities and work carried out across this exciting and dynamic sector.

You must have four GCSEs Grade D or above or have completed a good introductory Diploma. You will also attend an interview and take an initial assessment.

One Year

A variety of topics are covered including the body, health, safety and injury, the sports industry, practical sport, technical skills and tactical awareness and fitness for sports performance. You will be given the opportunity to attend overseas sporting residentials, various outdoor activities, including white water rafting, cycling and canoeing. Teamwork is a key area within sport and will enhance your coaching skills; this will be a main theme throughout the course. You will also learn Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT) as required.

A variety of learning approaches will be used and include: work-based activities, role-play and simulations, independent learning opportunities, knowledge-based sessions and a work placement.

The programme is continually assessed on the basis of assignments and practical activities.

Employment in Leisure Centres, Health Clubs, Youth Centres, Fitness Suites, Racquet and Sports Clubs and entry to Higher Education.

Full Time

SP