Pathway to Independence - Entry Level - Full Time 

SWEFE001 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
SFL Pathway to Independence - Entry Level 02/09/201926/06/2020Monday - FridayFull-TimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

This programme has been designed to meet the needs of people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. The range of difficulties may include learners with mild to moderate learning difficulties but with reasonable social skills and those who may find it difficult to cope with some social situations.

There are no entry requirements but you will need to show a keen interest in learning new skills.

One Year, with an option to continue for a further year following discussions with your tutors.

You will practice independent living skills during your course and this will include: travelling independently, managing money, cooking and communication skills. You will also be given the opportunity to try different sports, hair and beauty, painting and decorating, building skills, horticulture and much more. You will also have the opportunity to improve your English and Maths.

You will learn by taking part in exciting practical sessions, community projects, listening to guest speakers, supported work placements and supported class work.

In the unlikely event of costs being incurred, e.g. trips out, help is available; please contact Student Services on 01530 836136 Ext 220 to find out if you are eligible.

Following completion of this course you can progress onto Skills for Work - Personal and Social Development (PSD) programme. You may, following completion of the course, be able to access volunteer work placements.

Full Time

SW