Motor Vehicle Transport Maintenance Level 1 - Full Time 

MV1FE001 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

This course covers the basic technical needs for today's motor vehicle repair industry. It provides essential knowledge for service technicians working on light vehicles (cars and vans) in all types of garages, dealerships and maintenance depots.

The entry requirements for this Level 1 qualification are GCSE Grade E in Maths and English.

One Year

This learning programme involves students studying both the theory and practical aspects of the following: Working Safely and Effectively During Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair; Light Vehicle Construction and Routine Maintenance; Operating Principles of Light Vehicle Tyres, Brakes, Steering and Suspension Systems; Operating Principles of Light Vehicle Engines; Operating Principles and Maintenance of Light Vehicle Transmission Systems; Operating Principles and Maintenance of Light Vehicle Electrical and Electronic Systems.

The course is delivered by a combination of theory and practical tasks to give the student a thorough understanding of the systems involved.

Your knowledge is assessed by IMI set practical assessments in a motor vehicle workshop environment, IMI set online multiple-choice testing and by assessments set by the College.

Progression can be made onto the IMI Vehicle Fitting Principles Level 2.

Full Time

MV