ICT BTEC First Extended Certificate - Full Time 

IT2FE001 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

The BTEC First in IT has been developed to provide full-time learners with the IT skills to enter employment or to progress onto Further Education by continuing to study at Level 3.

Minimum of four GCSEs:
• Two GCSEs at Grade D or above (preferably one being English language)
• Two GCSES at grade G or above

One Year

There are 9 units to be studied over the year: The Online World, Technology Systems, A Digital Portfolio, Creating Digital Animation, Creating Digital Graphics, Spreadsheet Development, Database Development, Website Development, Computer Networks. In addition, learners will complete Functional Skills or GCSE in English and Maths.

Learning takes place in a practical way which is, as far as possible, 'hands on'.

Assessment takes place through many different media: reports, observations, practical tasks, creation of videos and two tests.

Successful completion of the course will give a full Level 2 qualification in IT, which is the equivilent of 3 GCSEs A to C, dependent on the overall grade achieved. It is possible to progress into employment or onto Level 3 study, e.g. Extended Level 3 Diploma in IT.

Full Time

IT