Introduction to Health & Social Care & Young People Diploma Level 1 - Full Time 

CH1FE001 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Introduction to Health & Social Care & Young People Diploma Level 102/09/201926/06/2020Monday - FridayFull-TimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

This course provides a broad introduction to aspects of the Health and Social Care and Early Years sectors. There is no requirement for work placement; students will be prepared for progression to Level 2 through classroom activities, visits and guest speakers.

There are no formal entry requirements for this course; however, a good standard of education and a willingness to adopt the behaviour of a prospective care or early years professional is required. You will be required to attend for interview and undertake an initial assessment.

One Year

A variety of different care and early years topics covering practical caring skills, communication, health and safety, lifespan development, dementia and play. You will also study English and maths alongside your vocational qualification.

You will be taught in the classroom and learning cluster using a variety of learning methods including presentations, displays, group activities and written work.

Written assignments, group work, presentations and role play.

Progression to the Level 2 Health and Social Care Diploma or Level 2 Childcare Diploma or Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care or Early Years.

Full Time

CH