Engineering Technical Diploma Level 2 - Full Time 

EN2FE001 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

This course is a Diploma in General Engineering. It is suitable for learners who want to apply for engineering apprenticeships or progress to a Level 3 Engineering course.

4 GCSEs at Grade D or above which should include English and mathematics or suitable qualification at Level 1 with merit grade. Learners with lower grades or relevant experience will be considered subject to an additional assessment and/or supporting reference from tutor/school or employer.

One Year

Dependent on your GCSE results, you will be required to complete either Functional Skills or GCSEs alongside your qualification. There will also be a create studies qualification based around employability skills. Mandatory engineering units: Working Safely and Effectively in Engineering, Interpreting and Using Engineering Information, Mathematics for Engineering Technicians, Applied Electrical and Mechanical Science for Engineering, Selecting Engineering Materials, Using Computer-aided Drawing Techniques in Engineering. Plus three units from the following dependent on pathway: Application of Welding Processes, Fabrication Techniques and Sheet Metal Work, Engineering Marking Out, Operation and Maintenance of Fluid Power Systems and Components, Operation and Maintenance of Mechanical Systems and Components, Operation and Maintenance of Electrical Systems and Components, Operation and Maintenance of Electronic Systems and Components.

Each unit is delivered as a mixture of classroom-based theory combined with practical workshop or laboratory sessions.

Each unit is assessed by a formal portfolio of written reports and documented practical work. There are no external exams for this course.

Level 3 qualification in Engineering or Advanced Apprenticeship.

Full Time

EN