Falls Prevention Awareness Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE027 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

This 12 week short course is designed to provide you with the techniques, support and understanding that is required for awareness of falls prevension. Falls represent the most frequent and serious type of accident in people aged 65 and over, with 10,000 falls happening each day. Falls often have both a physical and mental impact, as they can result in lack of confidence, isolation, fractures and broken bones. This course is ideal for anyone working in health and social care and those who have contact with older people who are more susceptible to falls.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.

12 weeks.

The units in this course are: Unit 1 - Falls in Context Unit 2 - The Risk Factors and Causes of Falls Unit 3 - Falls Assessment and Prevention Unit 4 - Managing Falls

Upon enrolment, your tutor will provide you with a resource pack which will contain three workbooks with a corresponding end of unit assessment booklet to complete. Your tutor will arrange a three-weekly tutorial session to give you support, advice and guidance on the course content and to provide feedback on the work you have completed. To be awarded the qualification, you need to successfully complete the three workbooks.

Your tutor will mark your completed end of unit assessment booklets which will then be verified by the awarding body. No examinations are required.

You may wish to broaden your knowledge by completing our other available short courses: Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness, Principles of Dementia Care, Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines and Principles of End of Life Care.

Distance Learning

DL