Introducing Caring for Children and Young People Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE022 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Introducing Caring for Children and Young People Certificate Level 2  TBCDistance LearningNonealternate textAvailable for applications

The Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People provides the learner with the opportunity to study a range of topics from three main areas: child care and education, babysitting and parenting responsibilities.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.

12 weeks

Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people Introductory awareness of sensory loss Importance of play for early learning Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet The value of play to young children

By reading the information booklets and answering questions.

Your tutor will assess your work and provide you with feedback. There are no exams to this course.

Progression from Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People to the Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce Within the Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People, learners are able to achieve unit TDA 2.2 ‘Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people’ (Unit ref: K/601/3323). For those learners wishing to progress to work in the Children and Young People’s Workforce, we recommend that this unit is offered as an introduction to the Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce qualification. This will provide credit which can be carried forward and will support the transition to this qualification when learners are 16. These qualifications support the learner in making an informed choice about working with children and/or young people.

Distance Learning

DL