Understanding Autism Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE018 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Understanding Autism Certificate Level 2  TBCDistance LearningNonealternate textAvailable for applications

This qualification aims to: Develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives. The objective of this qualification is to help learners to: Progress within employment in a variety of sectors, and in a number of job roles where an understanding of autism and knowledge of how to support people with autism is required.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.

12 weeks

Unit 01 Introduction to autism Unit 02 Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism Unit 06 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives

By reading the information booklets and answering questions.

Your tutor will assess your work and provide you with feedback. There are no exams to this course.

Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to: NCFE Level 3 Diploma for the Children's Workforce (Early Years Educator) NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People with Autism Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services ? Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support

Distance Learning

DL