Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE014 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

Recent statistics suggest that there are around 350,000 people with severe or profound learning disabilities living in the UK. Those affected by a learning disability require support in various areas of life. Our nationally recognised qualification is designed to provide an understanding of the principles required to ensure that an individual with learning disabilities is provided with high-quality person-centred care and, on achievement, evidences that the learner has fully understood these key principles.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments inbetween your tutorials.

12 weeks.

How to support individuals with learning disabilities, positive risk taking and safeguarding. How to support individuals access health care and personalisation. There is also a unit dedicated to autism.

Upon enrolment, your tutor will provide you with a resource pack which will contain three workbooks with a corresponding end of unit assessment booklet to complete. Your tutor will arrange a three-weekly tutorial session to give you support, advice and guidance on the course content and to provide feedback on the work you have completed. To be awarded the qualification, you need to successfully complete the three workbooks.

Your tutor will mark your completed end of unit assessment booklets which will then be verified by the awarding body. No examinations are required.

You may wish to broaden your knowledge by completing our other available short courses: Equality & Diversity, Mental Health Awareness, Principles of Dementia Care, Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines, Principles of End of Life Care.

Distance Learning

DL