Information, Advice or Guidance Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE013 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Information, Advice or Guidance Certificate Level 2   Distance LearningNonealternate textAvailable for applications

This qualification is designed to enable those working in an Information, Advice or Guidance setting to develop their skills in order to improve their performance. There is an emphasis on communication skills, essential in any IAG job role, and includes the different methods of interacting, including group sessions. Important issues involved for organisations providing IAG include signposting and referral, legislation, policies and procedures and managing information. This qualification aims to help you to assess and evaluate your own performance working within an IAG setting.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.

12 weeks

The units in the course include: developing interaction skills, IAG in practice, managing information, signposting and referral and IAG with groups.

By reading information books then answering questions in workbooks or on line.

Alongside the learning materials you will have the support of a knowledgeable assessor/tutor who will give you support, advice and guidance on the course content as well as providing robust feedback on the work you complete. Successful completion of this course ensures that the learner has fully understood these important principles. This evidence can support some of the key training needs within the sector.

Further distance learning courses or potentially a role giving advice and guidance with in own knowledge base.

Distance Learning

DL