Mental Health Awareness Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE004 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
Awareness of Mental Health Problems Certificate Level 2   Distance LearningNonealternate textAvailable for applications

This 12 week short course is designed to provide you with an appreciation and understanding of a number of different mental health issues that individuals may encounter. You will cover a wide range of mental health conditions including what their signs, triggers and symptoms may be and how they can affect an individual's ability to cope and function. You will also cover guidance on how to potentially manage and support individuals with a mental health illness on a day-to-day basis.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.

12 weeks.

Workbook 1: Understanding Mental Health Awareness. When you have completed this unit, you should know and understand mental health legislation, the causes, symptoms and management of stress, anxiety and depression. Workbook 2: Understanding Other Mental Health Conditions. When you have completed this unit, you should know and understand the causes, symptoms and management of phobias, eating disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder and post traumatic stress disorder. Workbook 3: Understanding Dementia, post natal depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

By reading the learning materials provided and answering questions either paper based or on line.

Written assessment books.

An understanding of mental health disorders which would be useful in any role working with people.

Distance Learning

DL