Handling Medicines Safely Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE003 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

The aim of this qualification is to introduce learners to different types of medicines and the policies and procedures surrounding their storage, disposal and administration. It also provides learners with an overview of legislation and an awareness of quality control, issues regarding responsibility and accountability and the role of the pharmacist in the administration of medicine.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials. It is also helpful if you have had some expedience handling medication in your job role, although this is not essential

12 weeks

The qualification consists of 5 units: Unit 01 - An Introduction to Medicines and Prescriptions, Unit 02 - Medicine Supply, Storage and Disposal, Unit 03 - The Safe Administration of Medication, Unit 04 - Quality Control and Record-keeping in the Administration of Medication, Unit 05 - Accountability, Responsibility and Confidentiality in the Administration of Medication.

By reading the workbooks provided and answering questions either on line or paper based. You will also need to refer to your workplace policies and procedures.

Your tutor will assess your work and give you feedback, there are no exams.

Being able to administer prescribed medication in care settings.

Distance Learning

DL