Dementia Care Certificate Level 2 

DL2FE001 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

This qualification aims to provide learners with an understanding of dementia, the functioning of the brain and the memory process whilst encouraging learners to use a person-centred approach in order to understand emotions and behaviours they may find challenging. It will also promote the application of person-centred principles to everyday care activities.

There are no previous entry requirements for this qualification. As this is a Distance Learning programme, you must be able to commit some spare time to work on your assessments in between your tutorials.

12 weeks

The qualification consists of four mandatory units: Unit 01 - Understanding Dementia, Unit 02 - Understanding Person-Centred Dementia Care, Unit 03 - Understanding ‘Challenging’ Behaviour in the Context of Dementia, Unit 04 - Applying a Person-Centred Approach to Dementia Care.

By reading course material and answering workbooks either paper based or on line.

Internally assessed and externally moderated portfolio.

To working in health and social care or with individuals diagnosed with dementia.

Distance Learning

DL