- Course Details
Theatrical and Media Make-Up Level 3
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|Theatrical, Special Effects and Hair and Media Make-Up Diploma Level 3||30/08/2022||30/06/2023||Melton Campus||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
This course builds on the skills and techniques of Level 2 Hair and Media Make-Up, enabling students to learn about hair and make-up artistry in relation to the media industry.
Students are able to gain realistic experience by contributing to the hair and make-up needs of projects and workshops of the Creative Media and Performing Arts students here at the College. This gives students numerous opportunities to do the hair and make-up of cast members for a number of productions, boosting their assessment opportunities and broadening their experience, communication, and creative skills.
Promotion is an important part of this qualification, in addition to client care, detailed consultation, and health and safety. To maximise the skills of our Level 3 students they are required to complete work experience in our on-site salons.
It is important that students gain as many employability skills as possible to prepare them for entering the world of work. Here at SMB College Group, we offer an excellent enrichment programme which includes opportunities to attend talks from visiting guest speakers and trainers from the industry. Students are also able to attend The Clothes Show and a number of trade shows throughout the year (some additional charges will apply).
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
Hair and Media Make-up Level 2.
How Long Is The Course?
What Will I Learn?
Typical modules include: Media Make-up; Camouflage Make-up; Fashion and Photographic Make-up; Style and Fit of Postiche; Fitting Bald-Caps and Prosthetic Pieces; Applying Air Brush Make-up; Face and Body Art.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Students who successfully complete this course are able to progress into employment within the industry of Media Make-Up.
Career paths include wedding makeup artists, VFX artists, personal make up artists, beauticians, self employed business owners and much more!