- Course Details
SMB Tigers Hitz - Jump into Employment
Save as PDF
If you would like to Apply, Enrol or Enquire, please add the Course to your basket by
clicking on the appropriate icon. (If there is more than one course,
select the Course with the start date that suits you):
|SMB Tigers Hitz – Jump into Employment||04/10/2021||18/02/2022||Stephenson Campus||
|SMB Tigers Hitz – Jump into Employment||21/02/2022||01/07/2022||Stephenson Campus||
Will I have to pay? You may be able to
get a refund for all or part of the fees for your course if you are eligible. Please
look at the following link for more information:
Will I have to pay fees?
16-18 Students (Age at 31st August)
19-23 Students (Age at 31st August)
- Students studying their first level 2 course (Some level 2 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Students studying their first level 3 course (Some level 3 courses are not included, so please check with Student Services)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 or 2 course (see list of benefits below)
24+ Students (Age at 31st August)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 1 course (see list of benefits below)
- Unemployed, looking for work and on an acceptable benefit studying a level 2 course (see list of benefits below)
- Apprenticeships are free of charge for the learner (you are actually paid a salary!)
- There is no upper age restriction to enrol onto an Apprenticeship programme, so long as you are 16+ years old.
- Working hours are usually between 30-40 hours per week which includes your release to College.
- There may be a fee for the employer willing to support you, but this depends on a few factors.
Please contact 01530 519 001 or email@example.com if you have any further questions regarding an Apprenticeship programme.
List of benefits
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- ESA (WRAG) (Work Related Activity Group)
- Universal Credit (Must be unemployed and required to undertake skills training)
- Wider Benefits – see list below
Wider benefits that are acceptable
In all cases the learner must:
- Be unemployed (i.e. not in any paid employment)
- Want to enter employment but need skills training to do so
- Sign the waiver agreement confirming the above
- Show current proof of the benefit
Child Tax Credit
Child's Special Allowance
Council Tax Benefit, administered by local authorities
Disability Living Allowance [Being replaced by Personal Independent Payments] (If paid to learner)
Graduated retirement benefit
Housing Benefit, administered by local authorities
Pensions payable under the Industrial Death Benefit scheme
Reduced Earnings Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
Retirement Allowance, see industrial disablement benefit above
War Widow's pension
Widowed Parent's Allowance
Working Tax Credit. (If paid to spouse, not the learner)
Reference: Funding Rules Version 2020-21
Advanced Learning Loan - Information on ways to fund your level 3 or above qualification -
More information about this Course
We are very excited to bring you this course, in partnership with Leicester Tigers!
Designed to help 16-24 year olds not in Education, Employment or Training, the HITZ programme helps young people to tackle challenges that can lead them into employment and development opportunities.
HITZ is Premiership Rugbys award-winning education and employability programme which works with more than 2,000 young people across England every year.
The programme uses rugbys core values of teamwork, respect, enjoyment, discipline and sportsmanship to get young people back in education, employment or training.
What Qualifications Or Experience Do I Need?
No qualifications or experience are required.
How Long Is The Course?
Full time for 16 weeks
What Will I Learn?
The course offers the opportunity to gain accredited English & Maths qualifications, alongside a number of bespoke opportunities:
· Level 2 in Work Skills
· Work Experience
· Level 1 Sports Leaders
· Functional Skills
How Will I Learn?
During this 16 week, full-time course you will be taught through a mixture of practical training sessions and class-room based learning at our Stephenson Campus in Coalville.
Where Could This Course Lead To?
Over 80% of participants in the HITZ programme regularly report an increase in resilience, self-confidence and aspiration as a result of their involvement, and over 75% go on to achieve a positive progression into further education, training or employment.
Full Time & Part Time