AAT Certificate in Accounting Level 2 

AC2FE001 

Course NameStart DateEnd DateDayAttendanceSite  
AAT Certificate in Accounting Level 2 (Mon)02/09/201926/06/2020MondayDaytimeStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications
AAT Certificate in Accounting Level 2 (Mon)02/09/201926/06/2020MondayEveningStephenson College - Coalvillealternate textAvailable for applications

The AAT accounting qualification is the ideal qualification for anyone wanting to work as an accounting technician. This vocational course provides the knowledge and skills to perform the tasks demanded by this role. It offers you the chance to gain a useful and practical qualification whilst learning at your own pace.

No formal entry requirements. The programme leader will give all students individual advice. Please check with AAT for current annual joining fees and membership fees (www.AAT.co.uk).

The course runs for 1 year (36 weeks).

At this level, you will start to develop your skills in double entry bookkeeping and gain a grasp of management and administrave processes. You will learn basic costing principles, how to use manual and computerised accounting systems and how to work with purchase, sales and general ledgers and costing. Units include: processing bookkeeping, transactions, control accounts, journals and the banking system, working effectively in accounting and finance, basic costing, computerised accounting.

A variety of teaching methods are used, including formal teaching, guided/individual work and workshops.

All assessment for the revised qualification will be computer-based assessments (CBAs). CBAs directly reflect the practical workplace tasks that you currently perform, or will perform, in your career.

Natural progression to Level 3, then Level 4 to attain full membership of AAT or employment in an accounting role. Members of AAT go on to study for membership of the senior accounting bodies such as CIMA, Certified Accountants.

Part Time - Daytime, Part Time - Evening

AC