Accountancy - Assistant Accountant - Level 3 

AC3SD001 

No Actual Courses Found for you to Enrol on / Apply for, please try searching for another course.

The Apprenticeship Standard offers you the skills and knowledge to develop as a finance professional. On completion of the Apprenticeship, you will be awarded with the Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.An Assistant Accountant provides support to internal and external customers and will work predominately either as an assistant accountant within a practise or alternatively within the finance function of an organisation.

Individual employers set the selection criteria, but this is likely to include 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English, although some employers will accept other relevant qualifications and experience, including a relevant Level 2 qualification.

This qualification can be achieved in 15 months.

You will cover more complex financial processes, including final accounts for sole traders and partnerships, reports and returns and professional ethics.

A variety of teaching methods are used including formal teaching, group exercises, guided individual work and workshops.

All assessments for the revised qualification will be computer-based assessments (CBAS). CBAS directly reflect the practical workplace tasks that uou currently perform, or will perform, in your career. Visits to your placement will also take place to review your progress. A 2 part End Point Assessmant will be required to complete the apprenticeship.

Natural progression to Level 4 to attain full membership of AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians). Members of AAT may go on to study for membership of the senior accounting bodies such as CIMA, Certified Accountants.

Work Based

Apprenticeships

AC